According to a University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) study, more than 40 percent of seniors regularly experience loneliness, putting them at a higher risk for serious health problems, chronic conditions, and even a lower mortality rate than the rest of the population.
As loved ones and family members, it is our responsibility to find ways to prevent these from happening through arrangements that suit not only this purpose but also still take into consideration their need for independence.
At The Rising Sun Senior Home, our assisted living home in Lakewood, Colorado can be the arrangement that would best serve their needs.
At the heart of our senior care Companionship services, along with housekeeping and assistance with their daily living needs, is our companionship service.
Here, we offer individual care planning, 24-hour qualified staff available on site, a safe and secure environment with options for personalized private and semi-private rooms, and fun and meaningful activities every day to ensure not only their comfort but also to ensure that their need for consistent and healthy engagement is fulfilled.
With a companionship service, they can live their golden years more fully. Here are among the specific advantages of getting a companionship service for your senior loved one:
- Companionship offers preventive benefits against cognitive decline and dementia.
- Companionship hastens recovery after surgery.
- Companionship reduces the risk of developing depression and anxiety, among other mental health issues.
- Companionship provides peace of mind and a sense of security not only to your loved one but also to you and the rest of the family.
- Companionship provides a good opportunity for one-on-one interaction and socialization, discouraging loneliness and isolation.